Thursday, April 15, 2010

Reflection 1



First class meeting went well. I thoroughly enjoyed the personal survey, and the partnered activity where we were encouraged to introduce ourselves but without words was a great icebreaker. In hindsight, it's interesting to note how much we rely on words-words-words when a picture and music can be a more effective means of communication.

Rita and I opperate on the DON'T PANIC philosophy.Our glogster project went down, I had to be reassembled in under fifteen minutes but in spite of that it Rita and my presentation went off smashingly. Definately, I learned a few new things about our cohort!

Additionally, I shared a creative solution for capturing Wordle. Since Wordle can be notoriously difficult to tame, my solution was to screencapture the image, paste/edit the capture on Microsoft Word, then copy that image, open and paste a new Microsoft Paint, saved the file as a .jpg. Afterwards, I loaded the .jpg saves I uploaded the image to feature in Glogster.

However, the surge of new concepts, looming deadlines, and proposed contracts, has left me feeling completely overwhelmed and uncertain, but I am hopeful this is the first day jitters.

2 comments: